Tuesday, January 25, 2011

W4, Day 1; Disgruntled

Weigh day today.  The results though were not as I might hope--222.2, down 0.6 since last week.  *Sigh* Not even a full pound.  I stuck with my food plan, though I did use some of my bonus points, I also still had quite an allowance leftover.  I exercised most of the days last week.  In other words, I feel as though I'd earned my full pound and will admit to feeling rather put out on not achieving it.  So, time to regroup and reflect.  What happened?

I honestly don't think the new Weight Watchers program works as well for me as the old one.  Some of that sentiment comes from me not feeling comfortable yet with it's differences, but honestly, I've worked hard the last couple weeks and not seen much progress.  With the old program, provided I did my part of following my food plan, I was pretty much guaranteed 1-2 pounds of loss a week, or 0.2-0.4 lbs a day.  It was progress that was steady and visible.  It kept me going because I knew that if I did what I was supposed to, I would get the outcome I expected.  This new program seems to keep me vacillating up and down between the same two pounds.  Ugh!  I want to see progress!  I want cake!  (Okay, seriously, I'm going to need to just give in to that cake craving one of these days and have a piece because it is NOT going away....)

So, what can I do?  Well, I'll keep it going.  I'll pledge to keep up the physical activity.  I'm going to try to cut out some of the fruit in my day--maybe there's too much sugar? I'll try to drink more water.  I'll weigh in next week.  I'll admit to being rather disgruntled too though.  Meh.

1 comment:

  1. They say muscles weigh more than fat, so if you are exercising and building muscle, that could be why the pounds are not dropping as fast as you would like? Stick with it. I am inspired by you and rooting for you as I continue to read your struggle.

    - chelsea

    ReplyDelete