Monday, January 24, 2011

W3, Day 7; Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Tonight I'm eating some roasted brussel sprouts, laced with garlic and a little olive oil, sprinkled with salt, cayenne, and pepper.  It's actually very yummy.  I always like brussel sprouts, but especially sauteed with some butter...and why stop at just a little butter, eh?  Most veggis I prefer plain, without sauces or butter or anything, but there's just something about brussel sprouts that they need a little something.  So anyway, we had the roasted brussel sprouts with some rockin' low calorie, low fat (relatively) macaroni and cheese.  The portion was 1 and 1/2 cups of mac cheese for 252 calories and 30g carbs.  Honestly, I was a little dubious, but it was pretty tasty.  Some of the recipes in my new cookbook seem a bit hit or miss, but I think we can add this one to the keeper box.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001197219&adsqs=

In other news, weigh day is tomorrow.  I can't help but feel a little nervous.  I've worked hard this week, especially in regards to physical activity.  I feel like I'm not making a lot of progress these last couple weeks, but we'll see at the official weigh-in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment