Monday, March 21, 2011

W11, Day 7: Twas the Night Before

'Twas the night before weigh day and all through the house,
Not a creature was skinny (except for my husband), not even a mouse (Mouse?! Eww!)
The points were recorded in my food journal with care,
In the hope that the lower score on the scale soon would be there,
The kitties are all nestled snug in my bed,
And visions of donuts dance in my head...

Too bad dieting isn't more poetic.  A little levity can sometimes make it seem a lot more doable, though that's rather my philosophy about life in general.  On the whole, I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about getting on the scale tomorrow.  I think I'm going to make up the gain from last week and possibly a bit more, but my weight has been fluctuating all week in the positive direction, so I'm going to wait till tomorrow to call my official weight (anyone notice the homophones in that sentence?).  I'm a little concerned that I didn't really exercise all week, but I'm going to do better with that.  I truly wanted to get out in the backyard this weekend, but it rained solidly all weekend and our backyard was/is a giant muddy slushie right now...Good intentions + huge mudball= Not happening.  I'll do better this week.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it's like the Swamps of Sadness back there. I almost lost the green bin like Artex!

    -Anthony

    ReplyDelete