Thursday, April 21, 2011

W16, Day 3: Will Work for Peanuts

This week my students have been taking state assessments and it makes me think back to my days as a student.  I loved the testing time of year.  Yes, I know, I'm weird, but I don't really mind taking tests so much.  Besides, I had a major incentive to enjoy testing time--peanuts!  Oh, and raisins too.

When I was in primary grades, the teachers would get big bags of peanuts and raisins mixed together to pass out to each student in these little plastic cups on state test days.  I don't know what they did about kids who had peanut allergies, but I just loved it.  Of course I did, it's food, right?  Every time the little plastic cup emptied, the teacher would come by and give me more "brain food".  Loved it.  Isn't it crazy the things you remember from being little?  I remember those peanuts.  I don't know if it made an impression on the other kids, but hey, obviously, I'm totally willing to work for peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment