Tuesday, April 19, 2011

W16, Day 1: Weigh Day

Weigh day.  <---------- Notice there's no exclamation point, so you can probably guess what that means...Well, it's not all that bad because I didn't gain, but I didn't lose any weight either.  So, weighed in today at 208.4, which puts me at +/- 0.0 for the week.  Ah well, at least I didn't gain anything, right?  This weekend I will do better and hopefully see some loss next week.  This is always a hard time of year for me, weight-wise, because it's a combination of Easter (I avoid the candy, even though I love jelly beans), my birthday (gotta celebrate with food, right?), and Mother's Day (a trip home with exposure to different foods).  To be entirely truthful, last year I just gave up on my diet for a good month during this stretch last year.  I'm not going to do that this year, but I'm also going to be a little forgiving to myself in the next three weeks.

Still, I'm already looking past 207 and towards the 203.  Workin' it, workin' it, workin it.  I notice that lately my resolve is slipping a bit and I need to refocus myself to stay within the boundries of a normal food day.  But why does everything look so much more tempting and interesting when I don't have any points left?  After four months of 'lifestyle change' (not supposed to call it dieting), my self-control muscles are getting tired already.  I can't wait until there's more of the summer fruit available for a reasonable price.  It's so much easier to stay on track when there is a plethora of ripe, fresh fruit to fill up on.   Peaches, plums, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, apricots, and honeydew melon...mmmm, dreaming of nature's bounty.  Too bad it'll be a year or two before my little trees take off with their own fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment