Tuesday, February 22, 2011

W8, Day 1; Weigh Day

Weighed in today at 214.8 for a 0.4 pound loss for the week and a 14.2 total loss with a heck of a lot still to go.  While 0.4 lbs isn't much, at least it's not the dreaded G word (gain).  I've really been hungry all day though for some reason.  As we speak, I'm chomping on an apple despite having dinner and some sugar free, fat free pudding.  I really have not been able to figure out a pattern to why some days I am dulled to food, indifferent, and other days I feel like I am cavernous pit that can never be filled.  I always eat all my daily food points.  I know some folks have difficulty or a reluctance to eat them all, but hey, I'm a big girl and my body needs that minimal nourishment.  (According to WW, you need to eat all of your daily food points because that's the minimum amount your body needs to take in without going into the metabolism lowering 'starvation' level.)  The point being, I'm not feeling ravenous because I'm not eating.

One thing I will note is that I think I may be eating too much sodium (not good since I have high blood pressure) and that I probably should be drinking more liquids.  In the summer I guzzle water constantly, but in the cooler water, I have a hard time remembering to drink.  I almost never drink anything all day at work because it's difficult for me to have opportunities to use the rest room.  Maybe this is affecting my hunger levels too?  I know that being thirsty can imitate being hungry, but I do think this is real hunger.  However, I've noticed that when I drink a lot of liquids, I seem to lose more weight.  Bottoms up?

Lastly, I wanted to share a picture of my favorite breakfast from yesterday:  old fashioned oatmeal cooked with banana and topped with warmed blackberries.  Major yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment