Saturday, February 5, 2011

W5, Day 5; Shaky ground

Well, I made it through yesterday's potluck.  There was even a mountain of donuts--a major weakness for me--but I held with an iron resolve and avoided it all, except for the little bit of chili and some fruit and vegetables.  I should feel really good about it.  I followed through with what I planned to do.  Cool, right?  Oddly though, I just feel sort of empty...and tired of all the food stuff.

We're on our way to the party in a few minutes and in preparation, I had a very large lunch with lots of free fruits and vegetables, eating until I was very full.  I know this isn't really a good strategy and that WW tells you to eat only until satisfaction, not fullness, but I thought that perhaps I'll be able to avoid some snacking while I'm there if I'm really not hungry.  I wouldn't do that often, but I just need some help getting through this weekend.  We'll see.

To be honest, I need a bit of a pick me up.  Next weekend we'll be out of town with family again, and that's so challenging, so I'll need to save my bonus points again.  But at some point, I need to have something that I chose for myself.   Food addiction is rearing its ugly head and I feel like I'm in some sort of withdrawal.  I'm starting to feel food deprived....food fatigue!  I'm keeping positive thoughts in my head and my goal in mind, but it's still wearing on me.

2 comments:

  1. I am very much in awe of you. This is a very difficult thing you've undertaken, and to do so in a public forum is brave. You're amazing! Soldier on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krista. I really appreciate the support, truly. :)

    ReplyDelete