Monday, February 7, 2011

W5, Day 7; Confessions

Well, as you might be able to tell from my last post, I struggled a bit this weekend.  Okay, more than a bit.  I truly struggled with three big food events in three days 1) the staff potluck, 2) a birthday party, 3) staying over with my in-laws.

I made it through Friday's potluck with my food points mostly intact, but my spirit ruffled.  Why?  Part of it is that it's hard to see other people eating the things that I long for so badly from the tips of my toes to the top of my frizzy head.  Instead of accepting what is and what has to be, my mind rebels and whines (it's a good thing that particular mental soundtrack is confined to just my brain) and demands why they can eat it when I can't.  The answer is simple:  they are not obese.  But it's hard for me to accept sometimes.

We went to the party armed with diet soda and a veggi tray.  At first, I did very well, sticking to a plate of vegetables and a very few snacks like pita chips.  In the late evening though, there was pizza for dinner and it was so late that I was quite hungry and it broke down.  I ate three large pieces of pizza.  Yikes.  Even worse though, I had two pieces of cake.  It was somehow like I'd already failed with the pizza, so I was lost for the day.

The only thing that I feel good about is that the next day we went with my in-laws to get coffee drinks and pastries for breakfast and, feeling contrite, I picked the low-point mini scone and an ice-tea.  I really wanted a muffin, but that muffin would have cost me half my daily food points.  How can a muffin really be as much as half a day's food?  Otherwise, even though we ate with my in-laws, I stayed in my food points for the day.

 I did not record my points for the last couple days though and I've decided I'm not going to.  I'm just going to try to forgive myself for Saturday and move on.  It's crazy that three pieces of pizza and two pieces of cake can wipe out a week's progress, but similar things have happened before so I'm not feeling very optimistic heading into weigh-in.  Time to regroup and keep on truckin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment