Thursday, March 28, 2013

W3, Day 2: Tidbits

Just a few quick thoughts today:

1)  Yesterday I ate six oreo cookies even though I knew I didn't have the calories for them.  Why you ask?  I don't know.  I wish I could say (and put a stop to) what compelled me.  I started with four.  Then, knowing that I absolutely shouldn't, I went over to the cupboard and pulled out two more.  Even as I was opening the bag I knew with every fiber of my being that I shouldn't.  But I did it anyway.  The worst thing is that I didn't even enjoy the last two cookies.  I just ate them.  Nonetheless, I'm moving on determined to stay within calories today.

2)  Last night I decided to test my stomach pains problem with a fatty meal.  I went to the doctor last week and she suggested it might be gallstones causing my discomfort.  Fortunately an ultrasound showed this is not the case.  I've been avoiding eating much fat for the last couple weeks and my stomach feels much better, so I thought that maybe I'm all better.  As an experiment, I had some thin crust veggie pizza from Papa Murphy's.  It tasted fine, but I was in a lot of pain for much of the night so obviously I'm not cured and the level of discomfort is not worth the taste of the food.  Back to low fat everything, which is probably better for me anyway.

3)  I tried to do some crunches today while the baby was lying on his playmat.  Yikes.  I persevered into doing ten very pathetic ones.  I used to do 90-180 during a gym session.  Then I tried to do leg lifts and couldn't even do one.  I used to do 30 and my trainer had once complimented me on how easy they looked.  I modified it by putting one knee up with the foot resting on the floor and only lifting one straight leg for ten repetitions before switching legs.  It sort of shocked me to realize how much muscle strength I've lost.  I know that I have to stop looking backwards to the way I was before pregnancy and just move forward, but it's still hard.  On the bright side, baby seemed amused by my exercises next to him on the floor.  Maybe I'll just keep trying every time he goes down to play.  I think I might just hit the gym tomorrow.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment