Tuesday, May 31, 2011

W22, Day 1: Plateau Hell

I feel like a giant ping pong ball.  Well, actually I feel like a beach ball most of the time, but in the last two months I can't seem to escape the depressing ups and delightful downs, again, and again, and again.  Lose a little.  Gain a little.  Lose, gain, lose, gain.  Ping, pong, ping, pong!  Welcome to Plateau Hell.  Pull up a chair, grab a donut, and don't eat for the rest of the day.  

It wasn't going to be a good weigh day.  I think Sunday's score shocked me.  After giving the extra sudden pounds a couple days to "settle" I weighed in today at 209.0, which while not nearly as bad, isn't very good.  For the math folks out there, it's a gain of 1.6 pounds.  *Sigh*  So, what's the problem?  I was doing so well for weeks and weeks.  Here's what I've been thinking:

*I've gotten tired, lazy, frustrated, etc., etc., etc.
*More importantly, my environment has been different with celebrations for my birthday, Mother's Day, family events, and tons of food at work in celebration of the year coming to an end (The work year, not the Rapture...I work in a school.  :)
*The lovely weekend beach trip filled with all the snacky foods I love and avoid normally was great fun, but didn't help with weight loss (not that I expected it to!).

I think what I need to do is two-fold:
*The gym opens tomorrow.  I need to be way more active and shake my toosh up a bit.  I need to arrange to meet with a trainer to help design an exercise program for me to start with.
*Get through this week with all of it's "Last Day" food trials and then enjoy the time at home, away from all the outside food for awhile.  I'm looking forward to summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment