Sunday, May 22, 2011

W20, Day 5: Garden Peace

Yesterday we spend another long afternoon/evening in the backyard.  The grass is taking forever to grow--I guess patience is a huge part of seeding--and it's still not where I envision it, and yet...and yet I feel peaceful in that outdoor space.  Happy.  Though I work to the point of exhaustion (and soreness the next day!), there is something affirmative about the work, the feeling that one is creating something good and worthwhile.  I love that space outdoors because it feels private and so very peaceful.

Often I've felt at a loss for a hobby, something active to do.   Oh sure, there are many things I enjoy doing:  reading, watching t.v., singing, chasing my cats around the house, Facebook (uh, does Facebook count as a hobby?), knitting, crochet, and needlework, dancing around the house with my iPod, but most of those are not exactly super physically active.  And most of them are indoors.  I really like to be outside.  It just feels so good to have the silky air floating around me, standing in a sunbeam.  I think I can add a new hobby to the list now:  gardening.  It's rewarding to know that when I put my labor into the yard, I get something lovely that I can enjoy in other times.  And besides, it's good to know I'm burning calories left and right with every push of the lawn mower and swipe of the rake.

On another note, I had steak and honeydew melon for dinner tonight.  Yum.  I broiled the steak with rosemary and garlic and it was very good if I do say so myself.  The melon was a nice compliment too.  Now that it's getting to be summer, it's nice that fruit's getting to be less expensive.  It's one thing that's nice about the new WW.  Yummy yum yum!  It feels like a hint of summer days to come.  Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment