Friday, May 27, 2011

W21, Day 4: Off to the wild blue yonder

Stepped on the scale this morning, as I do every morning, which was unusually high for a random Friday morning.  Usually Fridays are the days when the scale shows a drop.  It's weird, but Sunday and Monday tend to be my lowest weight days, Tuesday usual goes up just a little bit, Wednesday and Thursday stay at that weight, and Friday is the first day to show a loss.  The biggest dip is usually Saturday morning.  I'm not sure why my weight cycles this way, but it truly is a regular pattern.  Perhaps because I eat the most on the weekends and it takes a few days to catch up with me?  WW tells you not to weigh more than once a week because you can drive yourself crazy, but it drives me crazy not to know on a day-to-day basis.  It also helps me stay on track because I get on that scale and see it's a bit higher and know that I've got to be more careful that day.  In any case, I blame this mornings pound on the evil cupcake last night.  Yes, I know, it's bad, but I succumbed to a small cupcake with frosting.  Nobody's perfect!

Otherwise, I had one of my favorite dinners last night and I think it's pretty healthy.  It's my I-don't-want-to-cook-tonight-what-on-Earth-do-we-have-laying-around dinner standby.  I cut a bunch of cherry tomatoes in half and mix in garbanzo beans (more of less depending on how much you like them), one can of tuna, diced red onions, one ounce of mozzarella, diced sweet pickles just for fun, and two tablespoons of non-fat sesame ginger dressing.  I like to add chopped up cucumber, bell pepper, and beets too but I didn't have any last night.  For dessert, some chopped up watermelon.  Yum!

On another note, tonight and tomorrow I'm headed up the coast to stay with some wonderful people for the weekend.  I'm very excited because, hey it's the beach, who wouldn't be excited?  I'm already a bit worried about food though and sticking to my points around other folks who are eating "normally".  (Yes, I know, I'm eating normally too---this has to become my norm for me to get where I want to be, but in this case I mean "normally" as eating more freely).  I packed some fruit and fiber bars for myself so I'll try to stick to that.  Here's hoping you have a great weekend planned too!

No comments:

Post a Comment