Monday, May 2, 2011

W17, Day 7: A toast to years gone by

I had a wonderful weekend in celebration of my birthday...wonderful in terms of enjoying the beach, family and friends, and yes, food.  I want to bring myself to regret the food choices I have made in the last four days (and will make tomorrow on the night of my actual birthday), but I can't say I do.  I regret having to back track and re-lose weight I've already lost, but the joy of the occasion made it worth the cost.  Isn't that always the way?  Food makes fun better.  This year my husband bought me a birthday cake and we cut it into twelve slices, but there were eleven people over enjoying the barbecue.  Everyone got a slice and there was one left over.  You can really expect on poor piece of cake to get left behind, can you?  I wouldn't want to hurt that piece's feelings by rejecting it; I just couldn't cause it that kind of pain.  Besides, it was my birthday cake, so I deserved another piece, right?  Well, probably not, but it's done now anyway.

On Saturday morning, I weighed in at 207 and by Sunday night, it was 211.  Not good!  It'll probably be higher on weigh day tomorrow since today I ate too freely of the leftovers from the barbecue.  So, here's my promise:  I need to put this birthday behind me and the weekend that's coming up, accept my setback, and then refocus and move ahead.  I'm sorry to disappoint you, readers, in that I haven't been making progress these last couple weeks, but I haven't been in a mental place to do it.  I'm getting tired of the overeating and the excess (shocking, right?) and I'm just about ready to refocus on progress.  In a couple days.  Till then, this is my last night as a 29 year old--whoo!--and now I'm stepping over the thirties brink.  Here we go!  A toast (of my water bottle) to the years gone by!  To the 30's!  To a healthier me!  And to all of you for your support and kindness!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment