Tuesday, July 26, 2011

W30, Day 1: Weigh Day + Weight Training

Today is weigh day so I'm just going to get the weight thing out of the way right away:  208.8, putting me at +3.4 for the week, which isn't really that surprising considering this last week.  Okay, now we're past that part of the post and on to the more interesting part (to me that is).

I met with the trainer at the gym.  I only see her every other week (and I skipped last week when we were on vacation) and I've been very curious about the whole weights thing.  In case you missed that post, I've been upping my weights in my exercises higher than the trainer assigned me because I don't feel they were working the way they are supposed to.  I feel like I should feel something when I work out.  I don't want it to be too hard for me to physically able to do, but I want to give my body a push too.

I guess the first couple times I met with the trainer, I was too nervous to ask questions or say much of anything.  I felt intimidated even though she is very friendly because she's very fit and I'm way out of shape.  Today I just told her more firmly than last time that I wanted to work harder and that I wasn't feeling the weights she assigned me.  I explained that I want to do what's going to be most effective.  And you know what?  I think she was actually pleased.  She was smiling and joking around saying, "Okay, well remember, you asked for it!"  She gave me a couple high-fives during the workout and she definitely pushed me harder.  And it was hard, but I felt more accomplished.  I'm excited for the first time in the last four workouts (since we got back from vacation).  I know I can do it.  I may be fat, but I want to be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment