Tuesday, July 12, 2011

W28, Day 1: Weigh Day...sort of

Today is the start of week 28.  This means that I have been practicing this lifestyle change for seven months. Wow.  Where did the time go?  When I think about my progress my first thought is of my frustration of the last two months.  I gnash my teeth and feel I'll never make my goal.  But maybe it's time for me to step back a little and reflect.  My goal for the year was to lose fifty pounds at the rate of one pound a week.  "Wait a minute," you might be thinking, "what happened to 150 pounds?"  Yes, that's still my ultimate goal, but I always figured it would take more than a year.  Rome wasn't build in a day and all that jazz, right?

So, seven months down.  About 21-23 pounds down, depending on the week.  Over a hundred blog entries and nearly 2,000 views.  An exercise regimen and gym membership.  Obviously I'm not quite on target, but have I made growth? What's changed?  Have I changed?

I'd like to stay "yes".  I may despair in the dark of the night...or rather on the sunshiny morning when I step on the scale, but ultimately, I still feel I can do it.  I can be strong.  I can be healthy.  I can make my body the way I want it to be.  Or maybe that's not really the point.  Maybe it's about making me accept my body the way it is.  To be honest, the latter is a lot harder than the former and I'm not sure I'm entirely up for it.  But with each glance in the mirror, each lift of the weights, each blog entry, I'm trying to see what is with understanding rather than distaste.  I'll keep working on it.

As for weigh day today, well, I'm not going to do it.  No, it's not a rebellion and no, I didn't go crazy or anything.  It's just that I'm staying with family this week and I don't want to use a different scale.  My mass is the same, unfortunately, but my weight differs on every scale.  I adore the scale at my in-laws' house, but dislike the one at the doctor's office.  Thus, rather than get a different "untrue" number, I'll wait till next week, though I'll have to weigh in on Monday because my husband and I are taking a short trip to Santa Cruz.  Ah, sun, sea, hiking, and well, hopefully not too much food.

Since this entry hasn't had much humor to it, I thought I'd end with a smile:

No comments:

Post a Comment