Saturday, September 10, 2011

W36, Day 5: Noms

Okay, I'm just going to state for the record that I've gone way over my calories for today, but it's been a very tasty food day.  We've been visiting family in the Bay Area and have sampled several yummies today.

The first item on the list starting out today was one of my all time favorite, a pork bun.


Mmmm.  Steamed or baked, these are soooo good and it's been at least a year since I've had one.  Today's bun was straight out of the oven.  Hot and delicious.  To top it off, we had a sesame ball for dessert and it was definitely fried goodness.

I know, I know, you may be thinking, "What?  What are you doing?  What about your goals?"  Yes, I know that it's important to be focused and determined and I am most of the time, but sometimes I also have to balance that with eating for enjoyment---and I definitely enjoyed this.  This kind of eating is not sustainable all the time, but I think every once in a while it's gotta (okay grammarians, replace "it's gotta" with "it has to") be okay to simply enjoy food.  At least I hope so because I continued this trend at dinner with my in-laws.  

We had shrimp lettuce wraps, pork sticky rice, spicy broccoli, beef chow fun, and sweet red bean soup.  Yum.


I've really missed good Chinese food since we moved out of Davis so it was nice today to sample favorites.  Tomorrow I'll be back to paying attention to each bite I take, but it was a nice change for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment