Saturday, September 3, 2011

W35, Day 5: Hungry!

I awoke this morning to a growl.  Rawrr!  I looked around, a lost dinosaur?  An angry cat?  Nope, my stomach.  I felt the inward pinching that says, "Excuse me brain, I'm really, really hungry and I think you ought to take care of this so I'm waking you up at 5:30 a.m."  What the heck?

This is annoying on two levels:
1)  Saturday is my day to sleep in and catch up after waking up way too early every morning to hit the gym.
2)  I ate a perfectly normal dinner last night, consisting of two pork chops, a handful of baked sweet potato fries, a bowl of cherry tomatoes, a stick of pepper jack cheese, and a Skinny Cow mint "ice-cream" (more like ice-milk) cone.  I also had a perfectly normal lunch, breakfast, and snack and consumed more than 2,000 calories during the day.  Obviously there was no starving myself going on.

But I have been ravenously hungry the last few days.  The unhappy stomach dino is back.  Rawr!  Rawr!  Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  Yesterday I ate my granola bar that I had packed for my after work snack as soon as I parked my car and walked in the building in the morning.  I have been cutting back on carbs and trying to eat more protein, but that is been my focus for the last couple months and besides, it's supposed to cut down on hunger, right?

I don't know what's going on, but I wish that dino would just hush up already.

No comments:

Post a Comment