Tuesday, December 6, 2011

W49, Day 1: Weigh Day

Tuesday already?  Somehow it seems like the week is divided into three parts:  the hungry days following weigh day, the indulgent weekend days, and then weigh day all over again.  I was thinking about this last night: it doesn't make sense to go hungry for most of the week, make good progress by Friday, and then overindulge and backtrack all weekend.  Monday is my recover and pray the weekend weight will magically melt off day.

The weekend is so much harder than workdays to stay on a food schedule, probably for a couple big reasons:  1) There's so much more structure to a workday.  I can't just sit around and eat because I am simply too busy running around like a crazy person.  2) Food is fun.  Food is enjoyable and when I am not working, I want to enjoy my time.  I want to have fun.  And coming back around, food is fun.  Hence, it's easy to fall into bad habits.

And speaking of bad habits, last night I raced home to put up Christmas lights and after climbing up and down the ladder, I was pooped.  I had planned on cooking dinner before going grocery shopping, but that went right out the window, along with my willpower, and we went to get Chinese food.  It has been so long since I've had any and damn if it didn't taste good.  After the Chinese food, well, I'd already fallen right off that wagon, so I followed it up with a cupcake.  *Sigh*  Why is it that I can't just make myself do what I need to do?  It's just so easy once I've fallen, to jump right off the hill.  The splat at the bottom is when I step on the scale the next day.  Fortunately, it's not too bad of a splat this week.  The weigh in was at 196.0, which isn't great, but at least it's -1.0.  Now hopefully for a little more control this weekend.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment