Wednesday, November 30, 2011

W48, Day 2: Return of the Gnawing Dino

I'm just going to come clean right off the bat and say that last week was crazy food-wise.  Rather than tell you what I ate, it'd be easier to tell you what I didn't eat:  my normal food routine.  I don't regret it, not really, but I did make big gains.  I weighed in yesterday at 197.0, which while only +1.0 for the week, really means an official gain of +3.0.  More than that, unofficially, a week and a half ago I was seeing the scale at 192.0, so it means a +5.0 gain over all in only about nine days.  That's the holidays, right? 

Gaining five pounds at Thanksgiving and perhaps another five or six at Christmas is completely on par with my normal holiday routine.  So I started to readdress the question, what is going to be different this year?  Obviously my eating is the same, even though I tried to cut down on the mindless scarfing.  Well, one thing I can say is that I'm going to be exercising these next few weeks.  I went back to spin class on Monday evening since my knee finally seems to be in better shape.  Yesterday was the first time that the alarm went off at 5 a.m. and I turned it off and went back to sleep, but I made it there today and it felt good to be working out.  That's going to be one key difference this year.  I'm not going to hope to lose a bunch of weight between now and New Years, but I'm just going to try to maintain my weight around 194.0 and then continue get back on track at the beginning of the new year.

In the meantime, that angry internal dinosaur has been gnawing away at the inside of my belly.  Rawr, rawr, RAWR!!!  I feel so very hungry this week and on Monday, my stomach was growling so loudly that it was audible to my students.  Rawr!  It's funny how in one week my eating can get so far off my normal routine that I feel hungry all the time just behaving normally.  The first week back on track is always the hardest and hungriest...so here's to being hungry and back on track! 

No comments:

Post a Comment