Sunday, November 20, 2011

W46, Day 6: Early Thanksgiving

Last night we had our small annual gathering of folks willing to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday with us a little early.  This tradition of the early meal stems from our college days as a way for my then-boyfriend (now husband) and I to celebrate Thanksgiving together when we spent the actual day with our separate families.  It's also a chance for me to get to try my hand at cooking the various holiday foods (though I do make rather dry turkey) and cooking for other people is one way that I show my love and caring.  It's a lot of work, but I enjoy the warmth, food, laughter, (wine!), and good company of others.

So as we start out the holiday season this week, I wish everyone a warm, joyful, and loving holiday.  Thank you for those of you who attended last night and I hope you had a good time.  Thank you too for your kind words, my favorite of which was one friend who said, "I hardly recognize you!"  That made my day because I see little change in the day to day, but when I see it through other people's eyes, I can see how far I've come this year.  Happy (early) Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment