Tuesday, November 1, 2011

W44, Day 1: Now and Then

It's Tuesday and that means weigh day.  I weighed in at 194.0, putting me down -1.4 for the week, -35.0 total, and 43.6 pounds to go.  Slowly as the weeks crawl by the 'to go' number is climbing downward.  It was so intimidating when there was closer to eighty pounds for me to lose.  I mean, I know I've only lost 35 pounds, but that feels like a lot.  When I lose another five pounds, I'll be halfway towards my goals.  That's sort of a strange thought in a way because I feel like I've been doing this for a long time and at the same time it feels like it's hardly been any time at all, possibly because I've seen the most loss in only the last few months.  With an optimistic hope in my head, I planned to lose 50 pounds this year (or one pound per week) and I knew that it would take more than one year.

In another three pounds, I'll beat my previous weight record from three years ago before my wedding. (It was a short lived 191 because I gained back immediately---I'm going to hold onto the loss this time!).  In another four pounds, I'll be the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult.  That's amazing, isn't it?  I mean, obviously, 190 isn't a great weight, but I haven't been there since before I was eighteen years old.  Wow.

Oddly, I remember being a sophomore in high school and weighing in at 179.  I was so upset because I knew I was so fat.  Funny though, when I look at the pictures of me then, I looked amazing.  I see that me with different eyes.  Two years later, by my senior year, I'd gained more than twenty pounds and I've been on that path for the entirety of my adult life.  I'm going to bring it around, and if I can't redo those years, I can do the rest of my life better.  Onwards!  Ever and ever onwards.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's fantastic progress! You should be so proud. Many people would have given up, but the ones, like you, who keep at it will succeed. Good job!

    ReplyDelete