Wednesday, November 16, 2011

W46, Day 2: Weigh Day yesterday

Okay, yesterday was weigh day and it wasn't great.  I weighed in at 195.0, which is +1.0 from last week and it's really worse than that since I had been a couple pounds down before the weekend hit and I went a bit food crazy.  Actually, I've been thinking about the imminent holidays a lot and I've been putting off writing about it because I didn't want to admit that they're coming.  I love the holidays:  the cheer, the friends and family, the food.  Of course, the food.

Every year from this weekend onward until New Years is a bit like a giant food fest.  I always gain 8-10 pounds without fail, even the year that I was terrified I wouldn't fit into my wedding dress and I was desperately trying to not gain (I packed away 10 that season).  I love the holidays and they fill me with dread at the same time.  I just don't want to gain weight.  I even skipped a luncheon today at work just to avoid all those temptation foods knowing that we're having an early Thanksgiving this weekend and are going to have lots of food around.  Eeek!

So what's going to be different this year?  Maybe that's the reason why I've been avoiding this entry.  What is going to be different?  To be honest, I don't know.  I'm exercising, which is different.  What else?  I do try to avoid trigger foods while all that stuff is out and about....fudge, cookies, candies, oh my.  What if I can't do any better this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment