Sunday, January 1, 2012

W52, Day 6: Resolutions

Okay, I have a confession to make:  I can't seem to stop munching, grazing, consuming.  There is just too much change to the normal routine and too much food all around me.  We returned home from another family visit yesterday and after more snacks to ring in the new year, I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 199.2  Wow.

It's almost like there are two of me:  one person is very alarmed at the big gains and is scared to fall back into old patterns, especially around sugar for which I have such feelings of constant need; the other person inside me just can't seem to handle herself, she lacks control.  It's not like she wants to gain weight, but it's almost light she's in a fairy land of thought, that somehow she can continue her behavior without any consequence.

And the consequence is, my pants are feeling decidedly snugger.  It's not just me imagining things either, I had to loosen my belt a notch!  I've noticed that when I gain sudden weight, it sits upon my waist like an extra inner tube.  Eeek.  I feel fat.

As this is the first day of the new year, it's tradition to think about our resolutions.  Here's mine:

I will strive to be a kinder, more active, healthier person.  And maybe even to try to think better of myself.

Do you have a resolution for yourself this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment