Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Y2, W2, Day 1: Baby Steps

Weigh day today:  198.2.  This puts me down exactly 3.0 pounds, which is pretty awesome.  I'm still above when I was before Christmas by four or five pounds, but I'm under 200 pounds and three pounds is a great loss for a week, especially because I went overboard each day this weekend.

I am finding it more difficult to stay motivated this time around, but I'm excited about this week's loss and I'm hoping to see my body return to what it was pre-Christmas.  I was wearing a pair of older slacks today that felt pretty tight around the waist, so I know the extra weight is still sitting around my middle (as if I couldn't see it).  In a few more weeks, I think I'll be right back on track.

Last week I only hit the gym three times, which isn't great considering that before Christmas I was going 4-6 times a week, but I'm going to try for at least four times this week.  Baby steps, right?  From my experience this last year, I guess I've learned that this process is a marathon, not a short sprint.  Unfortunately, I'm not going to lose all the weight in a few months.  But maybe that's okay.  Even if that magically happened, I don't think I would be ready to maintain that weight because my mind's not ready.  I think my huge gain over vacation shows that I still struggle with food (or my nightly need for chocolate might be an indicator too).  Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment