Thursday, August 25, 2011

W34, Day 3: Calorie Cycling

Today I skipped the gym, but I'm doing so guilt free.  My husband and I have been feeling so tired by the end of the week after getting up at the crack of dawn that we've decided to schedule Thursdays as our "sleep in" days.  And you know what?  It feels great.  I know it may sound like a slippery slope towards falling out of our gym routine, but it's really the opposite.  Allowing for a day of rest makes the other days more doable.  The real problem is that it cuts my workouts down from five a week to four, which is problematic, but I'm trying to make it up on the weekend in the form of some physical exercise, not necessarily at the gym, but moving around in some way.

On a totally different note, does anyone know anything about the specifics of calorie cycling?  I know the general idea is that you alter your calories over the week so that some days have a high number and others have a low number.  This is supposed to keep your body from adjusting your metabolism and slowing down when you consistently and steadily decrease your calories.  It's supposed to help break and avoid plateaus.  I want to know if it really needs to be in the specific order that different websites list, or can it just be random lows, mediums, and highs to work.  One neat feature about www.myfitnesspal.com is that it has a report feature which will show you different items over a week, 30 or 90 days, such as how many calories you've consumed.  Looking at mine, I notice that many days fall within a close range, but there are also some highs and lows that seem to be pretty regular.  I wonder if this is enough to work for calorie cycling.  I guess it doesn't really matter if it doesn't because this is just me eating as close to "normal" as possible.  It's quite a bit different from WW when every day added up to the same thing, but I'm still feeling a lot better because I'm eating the way I feel most comfortable.

And I'm still hoping and wishing, hoping and wishing for my 1.2 pounds this week so that I can get to 199 next weigh in.  C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!


No comments:

Post a Comment