Monday, August 8, 2011

W31, Day 7: Goodbye to Weight Watchers

I've been waiting to write this post for several days because I'm going through a huge transition.  Well, huge for me.  I'm leaving Weight Watchers, at least for awhile.  This doesn't mean that I'm going to stop my lifestyle change or abandon all the hard work of the last few months.  Rather, lately I've been feeling the need for a change.  I've been in a plateau for almost four months.  Something has to change.  The biggest change of this summer is that I have begun exercising, regularly and seriously.  One of my coworkers stopped me today and asked, "Hey, have you been working out?"  I'm not going to lie, it made me smile deep down to think that other people can see what I've been looking for in myself daily in the mirror.  As the summer ends, I feel very positive about this change in myself.

But I'm still ready for a change.  I'm switching to calorie counting.  I can't trust myself to just eat because that weight will just pile right back on.  I've switched to using the website www.myfitnesspal.com after have a couple different people recommend it to me.  And they're right, it's great.  It keeps track of the calories, carbs, fat, protein, exercise and pretty much anything you ask.  It's set 1,750 calories per day for me, plus any calories that I earn during exercise.  This could take me up to over two thousand calories in a day...woah.  Is it crazy that total sounds scary and overwhelming?  It's just so much.  How can eating more lead to more weight loss?  

I've been trying the extra calories thing this last week so we'll see how it goes.  I'm afraid of gaining weight. I normally get 32 points with WW, but in 1,750 calories I've been eating 40-50 points.  That's a huge difference!  It feels so good though.  The real proof is in the pudding though.  We'll see how it goes on weigh day tomorrow.   I'll be writing more about this transition in the entries to come, but I'm hoping that I'm ready for this.  I'm a little nervous, but it feels like positive change.

In case you're interested:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and my user name is eilonwychade if you want a friend.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I know quite a few people who have left WW after getting stuck on the new program. Its been a positive move for all of them. Good luck! You're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete