Saturday, March 10, 2012

Y2, W9, Day 5: Where's the shovel?

Despite my best intentions to keep up with my blog, I have totally flaked out this week on posting.  Things were going well last week until this week, when everything fell apart again.  It began with a two day long training on Monday and Tuesday.  Any time my routine is changed, things become more difficult.  Toss in a supply of pastries and muffins and eating out at lunch and suddenly I'd consumed way too many calories.  So I skipped weigh day.  I did weigh in (at 197.4), but I didn't write an entry that day because it was a gain and I deserved it and I didn't want to face it.  I didn't feel ready to face the failure.

I returned to work on Wednesday, but I didn't log my calories in the morning for the entire day as I usually do.  I ate what I felt was a regular day until it came time in the evening for me to log everything.  I was shocked to discover I was hundreds of calories over for the day.  Yikes!  On Thursday things were finally back on track.  On Friday I was determined to keep things going, which I did until I got to work.  Suddenly I found myself falling prey to the much dreaded Friday treats.  I had two donuts and plenty of coffee cake.  By that evening, since I'd already screwed up during the day, I added a piece of cake to that.  Sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with me.  I know these foods are bad for me.  I know they are in the way of me reaching my goals.  But I always feel that when the day has gotten away from me, I'm already lost and I might as well eat my way deeply into a hole.  I know that doesn't make any sense, but it's where my mind is.  I need a mind shovel to dig myself out of this place...hopefully it'll begin tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment