Thursday, February 23, 2012

Y2, W7, Day 3: I Can Has Cheezburger?

The title of today's post is a tribute to my favorite cute kitty viewing site (I spend way too much time looking at pictures of cats when I could be doing other productive things like jogging, house cleaning, or lion taming), but it's really meant more as a question.

All week I've been craving an In-N-Out cheeseburger and fries.  The problem is that this is a pretty common craving.  We have In-N-Out probably almost once a week (though I have to say I always fit it into my calories).  Okay, that's my dirty secret.  I'm trying to get things back on track this week so I've been trying to ignore the craving, but visions of fast food are flying through my head.  I had a nice healthy stir-fry with lots of veggis and a little bit of turkey sausage, and while I am full, my mind is unsatisfied.

Okay, here's the question and choice.  Should I skip that cheeseburger or not?  I know that I can fit it into my calories because I go to the gym and work out before work and I can always go jogging/walking after work to burn some more calories to have a more comfortable calorie cushion.  On the other hand, I think I am looking at a good weigh in this week and I don't want to jeopardize it in any way.  And even if it works into my calories, I know it's not healthy or what's best for my body.  I know that, so why do I crave bad food so much?  I guess in the end I really know the answer to this question, I just don't want to accept it.  I rather wish I could just turn off the urge in my brain to indulge and eat--where's "OFF" button for mental cravings?

1 comment:

  1. I made cheeseburger sliders tonight and it satisfied the craving but I know it was less calories. I only had two and it was enough!

    ReplyDelete