Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Y2, W7, Day 1: Weigh Day

Weigh day today and I'm really weighing in after skipping it for the last two weeks--path to the dark side!--and my weight's at 198.0.  It's a gain and I expected it and while that's not a good thing, I can accept it for today and do better.  And I did do better today.  I'm getting back on track, but I do think I need to check with this blog more often because it helps keep me focused.

Tonight I started re-watching the show Heavy about people who are extremely obese and working so very hard to lose weight in order to preserve their lives.  It puts my own struggles in perspective to see people who have hundreds of pounds to lose.  It's inspiring in a way to see their progress, but I feel sorrow watching them too knowing that their struggle will be long and arduous.  Will they be able to continue and maintain their loss?  Will I?  My heart goes out to them and I hope that they have been successful in reaching their goals.

On a cheerier subject, in an earlier post I wrote about how working around the house gives me a sense of purpose and a boost of positivity and joy.  I used these good feelings, a boost of energy, and tons of help from my awesome husband to transform our 'stuff storage' room to a guest room.  I don't have any before pics (because who needs pics of  random boxes and odds and ends?), but here are some after pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment