Tuesday, June 21, 2011

W25, Day 1: On the road again

Weigh Day.  And I say that with a smile this week.  These last two weeks I've been working really hard at the gym and with changing our eating patterns a little bit.  No, I didn't go for the five separate meals a day, but I have been adding two snacks to my day, including a lot more protein and calcium.  I've also been trying to listen to my body more closely and allow myself to eat when I'm hungry.  Sounds like, duh, right?  But I usually keep myself to a strict schedule of when and what I can eat, so if I'm hungry at 8 p.m.--really hungry, not just bored, tired, upset, etc.--then I'll have a snack and head to the gym.  I find that I like working out later at night the best.  That's going to be unfeasible when we go back to work, but for right now, 9-11 p.m. is prime time to head out there for some cardio and muscle building.

Well, the change up of exercise and diet must be working because I lost 1.8 pounds this week, putting me at 206.0 for a total loss of -23 pounds (with a lot more to go).  I'm very excited to see some progress and to get to my lowest point so far in this year of WW.  I'm also pretty nervous because I want to keep that loss and hold it tight to me, but we're headed down to visit some old friends in Southern California for the next few days.  Away from my controlled environment and the gym, it's so easy to gain, especially in fun settings around buddies.  I'm trying already to make my mind focus on my goals and envision good choices that I can make when we eat out.  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment